Sunday, August 17, 2008

Coming home


Congratulations and Good Hopping in Canada. (This was from a card my house sister wrote me:) )

My head space has certainly been interesting lately, as I have been finishing my placement, writing my final reports and saying my goodbyes. I am now in Tamale, meeting up with the other JFs and decompressing, and slowly getting into bigger cities and more developed places. These last few weeks have been challenging in a different way, because figuring out how to exit and leave people and not know if you will ever see them again, adding onto that the fact that you have been away from home and in a completely now environment, you are heading back and wondering, how have I changed? Am I different? and more inner dialogue along those lines. It has been quite the ride, but I think that I am ready to get off the coaster and take a break. Go see the Atlantic from my side of the ocean and just sit and watch the seagulls. I have had an incredible journey, both learning about myself, development, a new culture and people in general. I am looking forward to sharing what I have experienced, and I hope people will have specific questions about what I have seen, done and learned. Less than a week. Hard to believe.

Until next time.
Kate, my friend from choir

My family
Pouring Pito!

With some of the kids

Kim, another JF came to visit. What an awesome time!

Gifts from my women groups. SO generous.

Richard, my house father teaching me how to tie a head scarf!

turned out well !!!

My friend Fausta who sold me bread

2 comments:

Eleanor Power said...

Steph
What an experience !!
I am sure you will have life long lessons from this trip- Dad and I are so incredibly proud of you- You can do anything that you set your mind on !!!
We are really looking forward to seeing you ( and hugging lots)
Only a week from tomorrow- can't wait
Lots of love
Mom and Dad

Ganaspati said...

amazing experience . .





^_^