Saturday, August 2, 2008

D4 Innovation Fund Workshop



So yesterday the Storage Learn-Share-Exchange Workshop I had envisioned and started planning for a month ago took place. It was a really good day, with the representatives of my women groups came together to learn about proper care for their storage facilities for their crops and food stuffs to lead to helping them improve their food security. This workshop was made possible through support from EWB's D4 Innovation Fund. I worked with TUWODEP and MoFA (The Ministry of Food and Agriculture) to plan and create the content. We also invited the Tuna Concerned Youth Movement, a group who is working to make Tuna more attractive a d environmentally friendly, to give the women Moringa seedlings (a tree with medicinal and food properties) for their communities. This a very short explanation and some photos of the event. Please feel free to contact me to learn more!
Me and two of the women I have been working with

Anastasia and Raphael, my two coworkers

Me and my coach Josephine

All of the workshop participants, including the women, TUWODEP, and from MoFA, the District Director, Tuna AEA and District Development Officer


District Development Officer and women during the Learn-Share-Exchange

Showing women methods of improving their storage

Introductions and discussions

Learn-Share-Exchange


No comments: