Friday, July 4, 2008

Elephants!

So I had my JF Midsummer retreat this weekend in Damongo, a town about 2 hours east of Tuna. We had some really great meetings (although I spent the first 36 hours in bed with food poisoning), I was able to recover to go to Mole National Park, which is the largest national park in Ghana, with thousands of plants, trees, animals and insects! I decided to do a photo blog for this and you can see some of what I have seen! Enjoy! Until next time:)
love!
so I am holding it upside down... I just wanted to look like the guard...althought never use the gun.
Elephant footprints!
Looking from the veiw point!
Team Ghana JFs 2008
I thought it was dead, and this was funny...turns out it was alive
Oh yeah...it is NOT photo shopped!
WOOOHOOO!




3 comments:

Eleanor Power said...

Great photos Steph !!!
Love Mom

Eleanor Power said...

Getting out to your family's plot... that's great. Wielding the cutlass like an expert..you go girl!!! Sounds like really hard work especially in the heat. Do they use organic fertilizer? How do they control bugs..with natural predators?

At Just Us cafe in Halifax there's a poster next to the cash, and Shea Butter is the FIRST crop listed in their inventory of fair traded crops.. made me think of you!!

Throwing out garbage under cover of darkness...hmmm... Maybe we should be doing the same considering the things we throw out that we should be recycling or not buying in the 1st place

It's so much fun and so interesting to read about your experiences...sound s like everyone's thinking about the environment!! I think you're making a diiference!

Love, Dad...

Unknown said...

Well looks like you celebrated the 4th of July in style with a Gun... hehe... :) ahhh anyway; interesting to read your journey over there in Africa. I don't think I could do it! ~Nat~